Our firm is seeking a Design Assistant responsible for assisting with technical drawing production and document coordination. This individual must be well organized and have a basic understanding of building construction. The Design Assistant will work with the Architect to establish timelines involved with production milestones. The Design Assistant will also coordinate project information with the architecture/engineering team, the clients and the contractors. This individual must have a basic understanding of the processes involved in design projects from concept through construction.
- Establish tasks and scheduling to comply with the project work plan led by the project manager.
- Develop detailed technical drawings.
- Serve an integral role in the conceptual design on assigned projects
- Coordinate with project engineering and design consultants
- Participate with the project manager in regular job progress meetings
- Assist with creation and review of marketing material, such as proposals, advertisements, social media, etc.
- Administrative support
- Post-secondary degree in Drafting, Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited college or university highly desired
- A minimum of 3 years of comprehensive relevant design experience preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of design, construction, codes, specifications, and drawing composition
- Advanced proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, other rendering programs, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Photography, photo editing and graphic design experience preferred
Send resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com. When sending your resume and cover letter, please describe a few of the hardest problems you solved and exactly how you solved them.
Solex Architecture is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.